Monday, March 9, 2009

the one at 38 weeks


Yup, you read that right. 38 weeks tomorrow! That means we are two weeks and counting! I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon and I am still dilated to a 1 but I am 80% effaced. The doctor said that was really good progress and that she would actually rather see my cervix thinning out as opposed to dilating. She is in good position, so it really could be tomorrow or 3 weeks from now-who knows?! I have had some crampiness the last few days which the dr. also said was good-it means that things are happening. Little stinker was moving all over the place and wiggling away when the dr. was trying to check her heartbeat :o) All the vitals are still good!




So, it wasn't so bad being "checked" this time, so I am going to say that I am not a WIMP and it was just that the last dr. was too rough! They tried to schedule my due date appointment with her that day, and I said..."ummm, is there anyone else???" Luckily there was!


Whew! This weekend wore me out. I am definitely really moving slow these days, and just hadn't quite felt just right the last few days. I also am feeling much like a beached whale-my sister, who just saw me last weekend said that she thought I had doubled in size in just a week. Jared is feeling much better after a visit to the doctor for a steroid shot and a Z-pack. I am hoping that I am not trying to get what he had and it is just the pregnancy wearing me down. I have 9 days of work left, and I have lots going on, so I think they will go fast!


I am trying to get Jared to tell me what he wants to do for his birthday (the 19th), but he is being very difficult! He keeps saying "I just want a healthy baby" and "we can't plan anything because you might go into labor", so if anyone has any brilliant ideas for what we could do for his birthday-I would love some help-because he is not helping! Love you baby!


I am obsessive these days about keeping the house picked up and clean-yes, you should feel very sorry for Jared because I am being very anal retentive about this. I told him already that I am apologizing ahead of time for the next two weeks :o)


We have had some fabulous weather the last few days and I think we get one more day before it starts to get cold again. It has been in the high 70s and so beautiful! Jared brought out his firepit that he got for Christmas and it has been so nice to sit out on the deck with a fire. We have really enjoyed this weather and spending time outside!


I have another appointment next week on St. Patty's Day and you better believe I will be wearing my March Baby T-shirt (with love from soon-to-be Aunt Jenny)! Then the following week my appointment is on my due date, if we make it that far. Oh, and I am going to post a blog about the story of Maya's name and our infertilty story sometime soon...so be looking for those!





2 comments:

All Things Family said...

WOW...really looking like a torpedo! I so wish I were there to see you and your preggie belly in person! Can't wait to meet Maya!

bri said...

YOU look great!!! 2 weeks away!!! I am getting so antsy!!! hahaha and I am not even the one having the baby! This is so much fun. In two weeks we will get to "meet" Maya! I am so excited!

I am having my own issues with party planning sorry no help from me! Hope you have fun! OR you could just go into labor that day and have his daughter on his birthday!!! that would rock!