Sunday, July 24, 2011

adjusting

It’s something we are all doing.

I’m adjusting to being a mommy of two.

Maya’s adjusting to a baby brother and sharing mommy and daddy.

Daddy is adjusting to being a daddy of two and all the “wonder” of his wife who is now breastfeeding an infant and chasing a toddler on little sleep and all of the “fun” that comes with that. (I feel sorry for him.)

We had a VERY rough couple of days but a lot of help from family, a date night, and some changes to my approach with Maya have made all the difference in the world, and the last few days have been so much better. Thank God!

More changes are to come. I made the difficult decision to leave my current job and accept a position that will allow me to work less hours and still make enough to help support our family. I will be starting that in the next few weeks. I am excited and nervous as change is not always my favorite.

But we will all adjust…

Look at how grown-up she looks. Sigh…IMG_5625

Looking at that face makes me realize that I did the right thing making this job change. The time is just too short that they are so little and I have struggled for two years now to balance a work and family life. It didn’t work for me and I am praying that this new arrangement will. IMG_5629

Somebody’s new favorite thing to do is to dress up

IMG_5634bw

IMG_5636bw

And here is the beautiful catalyst to our adjusting. I promise I do take pictures of him too, it’s just that he is usually attached to me in some way. IMG_5644bw

Love his beautiful eye contact here!

I am counting my blessings as I have had read some stories lately that give me perspective on my little daily challenges. Life is so short and so precious to waste time on worries and little things.

Happy week to all!

blog comments powered by Disqus