Well, here I am five weeks away from my due date. It is all still very surreal to me. Even though I feel huge and feel Maya moving all the time, I still can't quite believe that we are going to have a little baby in about 5 weeks!
We had a doctor's appointment today. They checked me for the first time and I was dilated 1 cm and effaced 50-60%. Glad to know that all of these "practice" contractions are doing something! Pretty good for five weeks away :o) Maya is definitely head-down, but still has a little way to drop down, so I know that we have awhile to wait still.
I have to say that being checked hurt! This does not bode well for my impending delivery-am I a wimp?! I thought that I had developed a pretty good pain threshold for stuff like this with all of the fertility stuff we have been through, but -ouch!
The nursery is coming together. I have a work shower on Thursday with all of the wonderful girls that I am so blessed to work with. I can't wait for that!
Mom has been hard at work on the nursery bedding and I soooo cannot wait to put it all together! There will be pictures galore to come!
Jared and I did spend some time this weekend (after he did half the floor in the living room that I am now proud to say is nearly complete!) organizing in the nursery. My big plan for the weekend is to get everything all washed, organized, and put away. This may sound like torture to some, but to an OCD, organizing, clean freak it is fabulous fun :o)
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
the one at 35 weeks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yeah for progress! I voted...not saying how I voted yet..but I voted!
No, you're totally right. Being "checked" is not fun. I remember being surprised by that, too. :)
Post a Comment