National Infertility Awareness Week was October 19-25. I realize that I am a little late on posting this, but I was reflecting today and reading through my pre-pregnancy blogs. Our battle is definitely not something I will ever forget, but it is interesting how something that was so much a part of my everyday life before is something that I don't think about as often. That said, infertility is something that becomes a part of you and will always be a part of who I am. Going through what we did, definitely has made me appreciate all of the not-so-fun parts of pregnancy and also makes me feels so grateful for this little life growing inside me. And in my opinion, if your relationship can handle infertility, it can handle ANYTHING. I still feel very strongly that I want to be a support and a voice for people going through infertility and that is why I want to continue to talk about it here. I have friends that are still struggling with this battle, and I want them to know that I have not forgotten the pain and struggles and that I don't take one day for granted. This battle is something that we have to continue to talk about to erase the stigma that surrounds it. People struggling with infertility often feel isolated because it is not something that many people are comfortable talking about. That makes the struggle that much harder.
If you have friends who are struggling, please feel free to share my information with them. I am happy to talk with anyone about my experience. I went from complete and total devastation in January when a doctor told us that that the only way we would ever have a baby was through IVF to elation at becoming pregnant 6 months later without medical intervention.
I remember today the struggles that we encountered on this path to starting our family, and pray for those couples still struggling. I pray that they find their path to parenthood, whatever that may be.

0 comments:
Post a Comment