Here I am at 21 weeks, today. It is so hard to believe that we are already halfway through this wonderful journey. I had a doctor's appointment today. It was just a quick one. Dr. Stafford measured me and listened to her heartbeat. It was 136 this time. Even Dr. Stafford asked if she has a name yet-that is the popular question these days :o) I have one in mind that I really like, but we haven't made any decisions yet.
We are hoping to start painting the nursery in the next few weeks. And, we actually are starting childbirth classes this week. Yes, it is a little early, but the choices for December and January were Saturday classes only and Jared can't do those. The next evening classes didn't start until Februrary and we thought that was pushing it a bit close. So we will have two classes this month and three next month. I still have not felt her move yet, but I know she is there and sitting on my bladder most of the time!
On another note, how is it possible to have your heat shut off during the coldest week so far this season! We are hoping to very soon have our heat working again. Last week we had routine maintenance done and our heat exchanger is cracked. They shut off our gas because apparently a cracked heat exchanger can cause carbon monoxide poisoning-great! So now, we have no heat. We have taken the last few days to make a decision about just fixing the exchanger or replacing the whole unit (you do not want to know how much that costs!) Hopefully, they can come out in the next day or so to get us up and running again. We have been staying warm with constant fires and a space heater that my parents let us borrow. I have turned our bedroom into a little igloo and I keep that room closed up. It is not fun to step outside the bedroom in to the icy tundra of the rest of the house. Okay, I am exaggerating a bit, but trust me-50 degrees inside is not warm!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Halfway
Posted by Bri at 7:30 PM
Labels: baby K, belly shots, nursery, pregnancy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Oh, 50 degrees is cold! Yikes! Love the belly shot! You're a very cute pregnant person! I can't believe you're already more than halfway to your due date! Wow, time flies!
Post a Comment