Friday, August 26, 2011

Potty training

Well, I had no intention of potty training my toddler while Gray was still basically a newborn….somebody had other ideas.

Ms. Maya decided it was time. She was just so interested in going and I was not going to say no. I bought pull-ups to help her be a bit more independent. I typically potty trained kids at school going straight to underwear BUT it is much different having a little baby and carpet to worry about. She hasn’t had a problem “feeling” it though which can be a problem with pull-ups. The last three days she has not had more than two pee-pee “accidents”. BM is a different story, we’re still working on that.

I was SO PROUD of my big girl for telling mommy that she needed to go pee-pee and then actually peeing in the potty AT TARGET!!!!

We stopped at Sonic and got ice cream BEFORE dinner Smile

IMG_6007

Everyone is really happy about how well she is doing!IMG_6009Well, Gray is really pretty happy generally.

It has been a DOOZY of a week. I actually worked every day and Jared was on an eight day stretch. Gray woke up at least four times last night (I lost count somewhere along the way). Needless to say I am very ready for my bed tonight.

Here is our mama and two baby deer that visit frequently snacking upon our black-eyed-susans and sweet potato vine. They were right in our neighbors yard. Maya LOVES seeing the deer. She cried yesterday when they ran into the woods. Yeah, it doesn’t take much…IMG_5998

Happy weekend everyone!

blog comments powered by Disqus