I had (possibly) my last doctor’s appointment before baby boy arrives this afternoon. I have continued to dilate (2cm) and am now 70% effaced. My next appointment is Tuesday the 14th which is two days before my due date. I had Maya two days before her due date, so I am thinking that I will not make that appointment. I am calling June 12th as the date because that’s a Sunday and Maya was born on a Sunday. Call it mother’s intuition. Only time will tell!
If I do make it to the appointment on Tuesday, we will be talking induction. I was surprised by this conversation today, because we never talked about it with Maya. I don’t know if it’s because its my second baby or because Maya was a pretty good sized baby. I have mixed feelings. I feel like I had such an easy delivery with Maya that went so quickly, and I always felt like that was because I went on my own. The planning side of me likes knowing the date/time that we will be going to the hospital with the induction. (Us type A personalities are not too big on the unknown)
So….we shall see…... I am hoping that he will make his appearance on his own!
We are still trying to beat the heat here. We are forecasted to be in the nineties all week. This is how we beat the heat around here:
