It has been a tough couple of days. It’s not really any one thing I can put my finger on. I think it’s a combination of a lot of things including hormones, lack of sleep, adjusting to a new job, still adjusting to two kids, potty training a toddler, having a husband that works a lot of hours and is gone most evenings, etc, etc, etc.
I really am okay. And I know that I’m okay and will be okay, but I’m just having a rough few days. The thing is it’s really not about the kids. The kids are great. It’s just all of the other stuff that I don’t have time for that stresses me out (i.e. grocery shopping, paperwork, paying bills, laundry, etc) and I am just going to have to accept that I can’t do it all and that if we eat frozen chicken nuggets every night this week that it is okay. And to quote my mother “lack of sleep makes everything so much worse” and she’s right. Both Maya and Gray have woken up the last two nights and it’s been a rough work week for us both.
I have some funnies to share though and sweet pics of my kiddos (of course)
1. Last night Gray had the most explosive poop that not only came out of the diaper, but it dripped down his leg and onto my shoe. I have never seen a kid poop like he does. And, of course, Maya cried as she does every time Gray poops on Mommy (which unfortunately happens a lot)
2. Maya said that Jared is not Gray’s daddy. I said “he’s not?” and she said “no not yet”. And I said “well when will he be his daddy?” She said “when Gray gets bigger”. (smile)
3. I LOVE my new car. Though Maya says “it not your car mommy, it my new car”
4. Maya is doing great with the potty but we are not getting the BMs down. I was nursing Gray for the last time to put him to sleep tonight and Maya (of course) says “I need to go potty”. I send her to the potty and hear “I poop”. Uh-oh. She is standing beside the potty with her pull-up dangling with poop in it. I really figured it would be on the floor so I was pretty excited when it was still in the pull-up.
5. Gray rolled over from tummy to back and was SO PROUD of himself!
And without further adieu my sweet babes who I am pretty sure are the most adorable kids ever (yeah, I am pretty biased)
And now, I need to go do the work that I have been avoiding by blogging.
Tomorrow is another day and I am determined to make it a good one!
