Monday, September 10, 2012

15 months

IMG_3114Somebody is 15 months old today! And he is very excited about it.

We made the trip to the doctor today for his checkup. He looks super unhappy in this picture but he actually wasn’t. He had lots of fun pulling open all of the drawers in the room. The nurse kept saying that he was “so big” and “wasn’t he just a baby?” sigh…IMG_20120910_094435

Our “little” man is 32 inches long (75%) and 22lbs (20%). He is the picture of health. He got some shots and was a little sad but recovered quickly. We talked to the doctor about his hair-pulling and she just said keep it buzzed until he quits…so I guess get used to seeing him like this. Hopefully, he will grow out of it soon.

IMG_3117

And for my online baby book: He has added “up” to his word repertoire and says it about 1500 times a day to be picked up. He still says “dada” all the time with only an occasional “mama” thrown in. It’s okay, I didn’t carry you for 9 months or birth you or anything…kidding kidding…

He is also definitely saying “Maya”. The biggest change this month is how he is following directions. When I say “take a bath” or “go to the table”, he is going on his own. He also is following directions to “stop” or “put that down” pretty well too. He is eating pretty decently with a spoon and can do the fork if I put food on it for him. We are working a little on body parts with him and he thinks its pretty funny to do that. He is really showing an interest in books now and will bring them to us to read.

And of course, his favorite person of all, who he loves to go up and gives hugs to…..

BIG SISTER:IMG_3082(She really needs a haircut)

She adores school and dance class and playdates with friends. She plays “school” all the time at home. Her teacher reports that she is so quiet at school. I told her not to worry that she is soaking everything in because she re-enacts everything from the day when she comes home. She can recite the entire pledge of allegiance (which I just think is so cool). I keep trying to get it on video but she won’t let me yet.

She LOVES and I mean LOVES to cut things out. I bought some scissors for her and she loves for me to draw lines or shapes for her to cut out.

IMG_20120905_162327

Her current favorite movie is Little Mermaid (thank you Ms. Kristen). She also loves The Lorax. She already knows that she wants the Cinderella with the big pretty dress for Christmas. She is looking so stinkin big to me these days

IMG_20120908_150601

She loves setting up parties. Our front porch is the site of many a party. She has informed me that I am going to have a princess party for my birthday coming up. IMG_3069

We inherited  a jeep from the neighbors tonight and they had a big time riding around in the yard.IMG_3122

Makes me feel very anxious for about 13 years from now :)IMG_3139

Big day at school tomorrow…preschool Olympics!

blog comments powered by Disqus