Friday, June 13, 2008

Infertility's Common Thread


This is a movement that was started to help build infertility awareness. It began because one woman after she became pregnant after much difficulty did not want other women struggling with fertility to see her pregnant belly and feel hopeless. She wanted a symbol to show them that while she may be pregnant now, that she had walked in their shoes for a long time. She wanted to be able to answer questions and share information that she learned along the way. She decided to wear a bracelet on her right wrist as a symbol of her struggle. The bracelet is made of embroidery floss #814 because it is the color of the pomengranate, which is a symbol of fertility. The thread is meant as symbol to one another in this silent community. The thread also symbolizes the commonality in those suffering from infertility because no matter what the cause is- infertility's common thread is the same. I bought my thread today, and will wear my bracelet in hopes that I can reach out and be a listening ear for someone else who suffers from infertility. There is so much stigma and silence about infertility and I want to do my part to help dispel that. Below is a link to the complete history of the common thread.



http://stirrup-queens.blogspot.com/2006/09/history-of-infertilitys-common-thread.html

1 comments:

sarah said...

I like the short hair! :o) So cute! I really need to call Kristen...